I’ve been exposed to COVID. What should I do? Unfortunately COVID is still alive, even as restrictions are reduced. We are all not immune to this virus. Per the CDC these are the recommendations if you are exposed:
If you were exposed to COVID and NOT up to date on your vaccine:
• Stay home. Quarantine for at least 5 days
• Wear a well fitting mask if you must be around others in your home
• Do not travel
• Get tested at least 5 days after exposure even if you don’t develop symptoms
• After quarantine continue to watch for symptoms until 10 days after exposure
• If you develop symptoms get tested.
If you were exposed to COVID and ARE up to date on your vaccinations:
• No quarantine, unless you develop symptoms
• Get tested at least 5 days after exposure, even if you don’t develop symptoms
• Watch for symptoms until 10 days.
• If you develop symptoms test immediately and isolate.
Wear a mask around others I hope this article answers questions about exposed to COVID. I think it’s going to stay around for awhile!